This recipe is adapted from Once Upon A Chef.
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup (140g) full fat greek yogurt
- 2-1/4 cups (340g) fresh blueberries
- 2 cups (240g) all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar (aka turbinado, demerara) for sprinkling on top (regular sugar is fine too)
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat until creamy.
- Mix in the vanilla extract, lemon zest, and greek yogurt.
- Add in the blueberries and then measure the flour directly on top to slightly coat the blueberries (this keeps them from sinking when the muffins bake). Add in the baking powder and salt. Gently fold everything together until there are no streaks of flour left.
- Bake 26-30 minutes and let cool before handling.
Jeremy is a student at Cornell University double majoring in Spanish and Italian with significant coursework in classes such as nutrition, food science and culinary science. He has years of experience as a home cook, working at a local bakery, and teaching cooking classes at Williams-Sonoma. After starting a TikTok account in March 2020 while quarantined in his childhood home, Jeremy’s presence grew to over 1.5 million followers in the first 6 months. During that time, he was featured in People Magazine, Fox News, BBC Radio, BuzzFeed, Tasty, Spoon University, and USA Today, among other media outlets.