This recipe is adapted from Once Upon A Chef.
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup (140g) full fat greek yogurt
- 2-1/4 cups (340g) fresh blueberries
- 2 cups (240g) all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar (aka turbinado, demerara) for sprinkling on top (regular sugar is fine too)
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat until creamy.
- Mix in the vanilla extract, lemon zest, and greek yogurt.
- Add in the blueberries and then measure the flour directly on top to slightly coat the blueberries (this keeps them from sinking when the muffins bake). Add in the baking powder and salt. Gently fold everything together until there are no streaks of flour left.
- Bake 26-30 minutes and let cool before handling.
Jeremy Scheck spent high school perfecting his signature cupcakes, making quiches and coffee cake by the dozen at a local bakery, and teaching cooking demonstrations at Williams-Sonoma. As a 10th grader in 2016, he began documenting his favorite recipes on a blog called The After School Bakery. In college, Jeremy learned to make 50 gallons of ice cream in the food science lab, how to prune grape vines in the teaching vineyard, the best way to milk a cow in Northern Italy, and why film photography is an art worth saving. As a sophomore in 2020, he traded blog photos for video and became a TikTok culinary sensation. Jeremy has been featured on the Today show, The Washington Post, Bloomberg, BBC Radio, People, and Access Hollywood, among others. Jeremy is a graduate of Cornell University with a double major in Spanish and Italian, and significant coursework in food science. He lives in Brooklyn, NY. Learn more about Jeremy.