- for the bread pudding!
- 8 oz brioche, cut into cubes, stale or dried in the oven at 200° F
- 8 oz sourdough, cut into cubes, stale or dried in the oven at 200° F
- 4 whole eggs + 2 yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 shots espresso
- for the shortcut-crème anglaise sauce!
- Your favorite coffee ice cream (to taste)
- Kahlua or Bailey's (optional and to taste)
- Place the bread cubes in a 2.5 qt baking dish. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Mix the whole eggs, yolks, heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, sugar, whole milk, and espresso. Pour the mixture over the bread. Let soak 15 mins before baking 45 mins - 1 hour. It is done when lightly golden brown and springs back when lightly pressed.
- It can be served warm after 10 mins of cooling, or chilled overnight in the fridge.
- To serve, melt a scoop or two of ice cream in the microwave and add a bit of Kahlua or Bailey's to taste (if desired). Drizzle the sauce over and enjoy!
Jeremy Scheck spent high school perfecting his signature cupcakes, making quiches and coffee cake by the dozen at a local bakery, and teaching cooking demonstrations at Williams-Sonoma. As a 10th grader in 2016, he began documenting his favorite recipes on a blog called The After School Bakery. In college, Jeremy learned to make 50 gallons of ice cream in the food science lab, how to prune grape vines in the teaching vineyard, the best way to milk a cow in Northern Italy, and why film photography is an art worth saving. As a sophomore in 2020, he traded blog photos for video and became a TikTok culinary sensation. Jeremy has been featured on the Today show, The Washington Post, Bloomberg, BBC Radio, People, and Access Hollywood, among others. Jeremy is a graduate of Cornell University with a double major in Spanish and Italian, and significant coursework in food science. He lives in Brooklyn, NY. Learn more about Jeremy.