- for the bread pudding!
- 8 oz brioche, cut into cubes, stale or dried in the oven at 200° F
- 8 oz sourdough, cut into cubes, stale or dried in the oven at 200° F
- 4 whole eggs + 2 yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 shots espresso
- for the shortcut-crème anglaise sauce!
- Your favorite coffee ice cream (to taste)
- Kahlua or Bailey's (optional and to taste)
- Place the bread cubes in a 2.5 qt baking dish. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Mix the whole eggs, yolks, heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, sugar, whole milk, and espresso. Pour the mixture over the bread. Let soak 15 mins before baking 45 mins - 1 hour. It is done when lightly golden brown and springs back when lightly pressed.
- It can be served warm after 10 mins of cooling, or chilled overnight in the fridge.
- To serve, melt a scoop or two of ice cream in the microwave and add a bit of Kahlua or Bailey's to taste (if desired). Drizzle the sauce over and enjoy!
Jeremy is a student at Cornell University double majoring in Spanish and Italian with significant coursework in classes such as nutrition, food science and culinary science. He has years of experience as a home cook, working at a local bakery, and teaching cooking classes at Williams-Sonoma. After starting a TikTok account in March 2020 while quarantined in his childhood home, Jeremy’s presence grew to over 1.5 million followers in the first 6 months. During that time, he was featured in People Magazine, Fox News, BBC Radio, BuzzFeed, Tasty, Spoon University, and USA Today, among other media outlets.