This is a total non-recipe, but following a few guidelines like the ratio of avocado-to-lemon will make this delicious breakfast (or anytime snack) a cinch to make.
- Your favorite slice of bread (could be gluten-free)
- Half a ripe avocado
- Half a lemon
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground cumin, to taste (optional but really brings out the flavor of everything)
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Extra-virgin olive oil, to taste
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Toast your bread to your liking. I go pretty dark.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mash half an avocado with the juice of a lemon to your desired consistency. Add salt and cumin to taste.
- Use the fork to smear the avocado over the toast, sprinkle with red pepper flakes, olive oil, and black pepper to taste.
Jeremy is a student at Cornell University double majoring in Spanish and Italian with significant coursework in classes such as nutrition, food science and culinary science. He has years of experience as a home cook, working at a local bakery, and teaching cooking classes at Williams-Sonoma. After starting a TikTok account in March 2020 while quarantined in his childhood home, Jeremy’s presence grew to over 1.5 million followers in the first 6 months. During that time, he was featured in People Magazine, Fox News, BBC Radio, BuzzFeed, Tasty, Spoon University, and USA Today, among other media outlets.