- 2 oz (60g) walnuts
- 4.5 oz (127g) kale
- 5.5 oz (150g) garlic scapes
- 2 oz (60g) fresh basil
- 7 oz "unexpected cheddar" cheese from Trader Joes, or a combination of cheddar and parmigiano reggiano
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar to taste
- Toast the walnuts in a dry pan until fragrant.
- Add to a blender or food processor with the kale, garlic scapes, basil, unexpected cheddar, and olive oil. Blend, (scraping down the sides as needed), then taste for salt, pepper, and acidity, and adjust accordingly with the salt, pepper, and vinegar. Serve with pasta or as desired.
Jeremy is a student at Cornell University double majoring in Spanish and Italian with significant coursework in classes such as nutrition, food science and culinary science. He has years of experience as a home cook, working at a local bakery, and teaching cooking classes at Williams-Sonoma. After starting a TikTok account in March 2020 while quarantined in his childhood home, Jeremy’s presence grew to over 1.5 million followers in the first 6 months. During that time, he was featured in People Magazine, Fox News, BBC Radio, BuzzFeed, Tasty, Spoon University, and USA Today, among other media outlets.