- 2 oz (60g) walnuts
- 4.5 oz (127g) kale
- 5.5 oz (150g) garlic scapes
- 2 oz (60g) fresh basil
- 7 oz "unexpected cheddar" cheese from Trader Joes, or a combination of cheddar and parmigiano reggiano
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar to taste
- Toast the walnuts in a dry pan until fragrant.
- Add to a blender or food processor with the kale, garlic scapes, basil, unexpected cheddar, and olive oil. Blend, (scraping down the sides as needed), then taste for salt, pepper, and acidity, and adjust accordingly with the salt, pepper, and vinegar. Serve with pasta or as desired.
Jeremy Scheck spent high school perfecting his signature cupcakes, making quiches and coffee cake by the dozen at a local bakery, and teaching cooking demonstrations at Williams-Sonoma. As a 10th grader in 2016, he began documenting his favorite recipes on a blog called The After School Bakery. In college, Jeremy learned to make 50 gallons of ice cream in the food science lab, how to prune grape vines in the teaching vineyard, the best way to milk a cow in Northern Italy, and why film photography is an art worth saving. As a sophomore in 2020, he traded blog photos for video and became a TikTok culinary sensation. Jeremy has been featured on the Today show, The Washington Post, Bloomberg, BBC Radio, People, and Access Hollywood, among others. Jeremy is a graduate of Cornell University with a double major in Spanish and Italian, and significant coursework in food science. He lives in Brooklyn, NY. Learn more about Jeremy.