- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups long grain white rice, washed
- garlic powder, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Melt the butter in a pot (4qt minumum). Add the washed rice and let it cook in the butter over medium heat 5-7 minutes, stirring often, until some of the rice gets golden brown. In the last minute or two of toasting the rice, add the turmeric, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix to make sure everything is evenly coated.
- Add the chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover, and cook 20 minutes. After the 20 minutes, without lifitng the lid, turn off the heat and let it sit 10 more minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and enjoy.
Jeremy is a student at Cornell University double majoring in Spanish and Italian with significant coursework in classes such as nutrition, food science and culinary science. He has years of experience as a home cook, working at a local bakery, and teaching cooking classes at Williams-Sonoma. After starting a TikTok account in March 2020 while quarantined in his childhood home, Jeremy’s presence grew to over 1.5 million followers in the first 6 months. During that time, he was featured in People Magazine, Fox News, BBC Radio, BuzzFeed, Tasty, Spoon University, and USA Today, among other media outlets.