Homemade granola is super easy to make, and it’s cheaper than store bought. This recipe happens to be vegan (if you use maple syrup) and gluten-free (if you are gluten-intolerant make sure that your oats aren’t cross contaminated).
Feel free to switch up the spices, types of nuts and seasonings.
If you like it more clumpy, don’t spread it out as much.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 large handfuls nuts of your choice
- 1 big scoop of seeds such as chia, flax, or sunflower
- Seasonings such as cinnamon, salt, cloves
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil or avocado oil
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- Handful of dried fruit (if desired), I like dry blueberries
- Combine everything together, bake at 300° F on a lined sheet pan for about 1 hour (or until crunchy and deeply golden-brown). I stir it every 15 mins or so. ⠀
- After letting it cool, add dried fruit (if desired!). I used dried blueberries.
Jeremy is a student at Cornell University double majoring in Spanish and Italian with significant coursework in classes such as nutrition, food science and culinary science. He has years of experience as a home cook, working at a local bakery, and teaching cooking classes at Williams-Sonoma. After starting a TikTok account in March 2020 while quarantined in his childhood home, Jeremy’s presence grew to over 1.5 million followers in the first 6 months. During that time, he was featured in People Magazine, Fox News, BBC Radio, BuzzFeed, Tasty, Spoon University, and USA Today, among other media outlets.