Honey Sriracha Salmon
March 10, 2021 | By Jeremy Scheck | 14 Comments
Honey Sriracha Salmon
For the sauce
- 4 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-2 tablespoons soy sauce (or gluten free alternative)
- 1-2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Pinch garlic powder (or grated fresh)
- Pinch ginger powder (or grated fresh)
To cook the salmon
- 2-3 tablespoons high heat neutral oil (such as avocado or grapeseed)
- 2 salmon fillets
- Kosher salt
- Red pepper flakes
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Freshly cut cilantro
- Lime wedges
- In a small bowl, mix all the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Pat the salmon dry and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Preheat a skillet (something that can go in the oven) over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the oil and let heat another 60 seconds. Also, preheat your broiler.
- Add the salmon skin-side down, and cook 3-4 minutes over medium heat.
- Pour over the sauce directly on top, add sesame seeds and red pepper flakes, then pop under the broiler 4-6 minutes, or until you reach your desired doneness. It's normal if some of the excess sauce burns a bit. The actual part on the salmon should not. A good indicator of doneness is a bit of white coming out of the thickest part.
- Serve with lime and cilantro.
Jeremy is a student at Cornell University double majoring in Spanish and Italian with significant coursework in classes such as nutrition, food science and culinary science. He has years of experience as a home cook, working at a local bakery, and teaching cooking classes at Williams-Sonoma. After starting a TikTok account in March 2020 while quarantined in his childhood home, Jeremy’s presence grew to over 1.5 million followers in the first 6 months. During that time, he was featured in People Magazine, Fox News, BBC Radio, BuzzFeed, Tasty, Spoon University, and USA Today, among other media outlets.
14 CommentsAdd a Comment
this was so good! i definitely thought it would be super spicy from the 4 tablespoons of sriracha but the sauce was literally perfect! my salmon did take a longer to cook than what the recipe said but it wasn’t a big deal 🙂
It so good! I’ve maxed 3 times so far!! So easy to make and the flavours are amazingly balanced, tangy, spicy, sweet and amazing!
New staple in our home, this is so good! Everything we have made of Jeremy’s is delicious.
this was PENG. so good. tangy, spicy, yet sweet. perfect.
i made it in the oven – let the fillet marinate for 30 minutes and then lathered more marinade onto it once cooked. so if you haven’t yet been able to get a good pan for frying or are doubling or tripling the recipe, that’s a good alternative to consider.
My mom said this was better than restaurant salmon! And we already had all the ingredients (besides the fish). Will definitely make again. Thank you!
This was a fantastic Salmon recipe. This will be in my salmon rotation for all time. If you tasted the sauce by itself you would think that the salmon would be spicy but it was not, especially if you eat it with veggies or quinoa/rice. If you are still concerned about the spice level you can add the sriracha in bit by bit and taste as you go. I also didnt use a cast iron skillet and just baked it. Still great!
Made this tonight and it was absolutely fire 🔥 I’m not a big salmon eater, but this will be on my regular rotation now
This was great! By far the best salmon I have ever made at home. Really appreciated that the ingredients were all things that I had at home anyway- didn’t need to buy new sauces.
Not even a fan of salmon but this was fireeee. I used dark soy sauce and it made the sauce so dark and rich, highly recommend! It’s also amazing to pour over rice and veggies on the side!!
super easy to make and it was delicious! thanks for the recipe!! will definitely make again when i buy salmon
I’ve made this at least 10 times. Super simple & Soo yummy. I always have the ingredients on hand so it’s now my go-to 🙂 I don’t oven bake sometimes and it’s still great.
So delicious! This is the recipe that got me into salmon. I never used to eat fish, but then I stumbled upon Jeremy’s TikTok. I was immediately inspired to run to the grocery store. So glad I did. This recipe is simply amazing, like all of his recipes are actually. Thank you Jeremy!
Such a good salmon recipe, will definitely be making again!
Really good. I used a cast iron pan on my grill outside for convenience. I marinaded the salmon about 20 min & basted the cooked salmon after with the remaining sauce. Served over rice with a side of roasted broccoli.