- 1/3 cup (77g) neutral oil (such as avocado or canola)
- 1/4 cup (57g) brown sugar
- 1 cup (206) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 7.5 oz (212g) pure pumpkin (half a normal can)
- 1/3 cup (77ml) milk (can use a non-dairy milk)
- 1 and 2/3 cups (195g) all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Large pinch of ground ginger
- Large pinch of cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (112g) chocolate chips (I like Trader Joe's or Ghirardelli semi-sweet)
- Spray or line a muffin tin with 12 wells. Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a really big bowl, whisk together the oil and the sugars. When combined, add each egg one at a time, then whisk in the pumpkin and milk.
- Over the wet ingredients, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, ginger, and cinnamon. Whisk until mostly smooth.
- Gently mix in the chocolate chips, saving a few to sprinkle on top of each muffin before baking. Divide the batter into the muffin tin. It can come 3/4 of the way up.
- Bake for 20-25 mins, until the muffins spring back when lightly pressed or a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before attempting to unmold,
Jeremy is a student at Cornell University double majoring in Spanish and Italian with significant coursework in classes such as nutrition, food science and culinary science. He has years of experience as a home cook, working at a local bakery, and teaching cooking classes at Williams-Sonoma. After starting a TikTok account in March 2020 while quarantined in his childhood home, Jeremy’s presence grew to over 1.5 million followers in the first 6 months. During that time, he was featured in People Magazine, Fox News, BBC Radio, BuzzFeed, Tasty, Spoon University, and USA Today, among other media outlets.