- 6-8 mini Persian cucumbers
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili paste (adjust to our own taste)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (I like to use half black, half white)
- Slice the cucumbers with a rolling cut to get different angles. Place them in a bowl and add the salt. Mix, and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. This extracts water inside and keeps them crispy. Pour out the excess water and rinse off the excess salt (I use a colander.)
- Mix the cucumbers with the remaining ingredients. Cover, and let sit in the fridge 30 mins before enjoying. Eat within 2 days.
Jeremy is a student at Cornell University double majoring in Spanish and Italian with significant coursework in classes such as nutrition, food science and culinary science. He has years of experience as a home cook, working at a local bakery, and teaching cooking classes at Williams-Sonoma. After starting a TikTok account in March 2020 while quarantined in his childhood home, Jeremy’s presence grew to over 1.5 million followers in the first 6 months. During that time, he was featured in People Magazine, Fox News, BBC Radio, BuzzFeed, Tasty, Spoon University, and USA Today, among other media outlets.