Soy Marinated Chicken Wings
March 24, 2022 | By Jeremy Scheck | 4 Comments
You can make these in the oven or an air fryer (which is a mini convection oven!)
Soy Marinated Chicken Wings
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons neutral flavored oil (such as grapeseed or canola)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- juice of 1-2 limes (up to you)
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 sliced fresh fresno chili or red pepper flakes to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 12-16 cut chicken wing pieces
- mix all the ingredients except the chicken together. Pour over the chicken and let marinate overnight in the fridge.
- Airfry or convection roast at 400° F around 40 minutes (or until good color has developed). If they have way too much sauce around 30 minutes and aren't browning, you can pour the excess off and discard.
Jeremy Scheck spent high school perfecting his signature cupcakes, making quiches and coffee cake by the dozen at a local bakery, and teaching cooking demonstrations at Williams-Sonoma. As a 10th grader in 2016, he began documenting his favorite recipes on a blog called The After School Bakery. In college, Jeremy learned to make 50 gallons of ice cream in the food science lab, how to prune grape vines in the teaching vineyard, the best way to milk a cow in Northern Italy, and why film photography is an art worth saving. As a sophomore in 2020, he traded blog photos for video and became a TikTok culinary sensation. Jeremy has been featured on the Today show, The Washington Post, Bloomberg, BBC Radio, People, and Access Hollywood, among others. Jeremy is a graduate of Cornell University with a double major in Spanish and Italian, and significant coursework in food science. He lives in Brooklyn, NY. Learn more about Jeremy.
Made these last night and they came out great! Such great flavor. Notes on my experience: I needed a recipe last-minute so I only marinated for about 3-4 hours. My wings were pretty thick so needed to cook for closer to a full hour than 40 min. I cooked for about 25 min in a roasting dish to cook in the sauce and then transferred to a baking dish with a grate/rack so they would crisp from all sides. I want to try in the air fryer next time to get a true crisp on the outside – mine were more sticky/glazed, and were delish.
Wow I made this tonight with some rice and it was delicious!! I was intrigued by the cinnamon but almost omitted it. Glad i didn’t! It adds such a nice layer of complexity. Will definitely make this again ❤️
Listennnnnn….this recipe is everything!!!
I added a few more spices out of habit, but it was lovely😋
Made these for the Super Bowl and they turned out really, really well! I ended up needing to pour some liquid out half way but even so, they turned out nice and sticky, melty, and crisp. People really loved them! I served it with homemade ranch dressing but you could use blue cheese or any other dipping sauce. Highly recommend!