These large batch spicy jalapeño margs are an amazing crowd pleaser.
For the Jalapeño syrup
- 2 jalapeños
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1 cup (250g) sugar
- 2 (more) jalapeños
- 750ml (3 cups) good tequila blanco or reposado - I like La Gritona reposado
- 250ml (1 cup) Grand Marnier or triple sec
- 500ml (2 cups) fresh lime juice (from about 16 limes)
- Tajín for the rims, if desired
A few hours before serving, get the first 2 steps done:
- Slice up the first 2 jalapeños and add to a sauce pan with the water and sugar. Bring to a boil and let simmer 2 minutes. Pour out into a heat-safe cup to chill it in. Place in the fridge until cold.
- Slice up the other two jalapeños, add them to your pitcher, and cover with the tequila. Let it all chill in the fridge for a few hours before continuing.
Closer to serving:
- Juice the limes, add the juice to the pitcher with the tequila, grand marnier or triple sec, and 1 cup of the jalapeño syrup. Stir, and serve over ice (rim the cups with tajín if desired)
Jeremy is a student at Cornell University double majoring in Spanish and Italian with significant coursework in classes such as nutrition, food science and culinary science. He has years of experience as a home cook, working at a local bakery, and teaching cooking classes at Williams-Sonoma. After starting a TikTok account in March 2020 while quarantined in his childhood home, Jeremy’s presence grew to over 1.5 million followers in the first 6 months. During that time, he was featured in People Magazine, Fox News, BBC Radio, BuzzFeed, Tasty, Spoon University, and USA Today, among other media outlets.