- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium Spanish yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons diamond crystal kosher salt (use 1 tsp for Mortons)
- 6-8 cloves minced garlic
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise (preferably Japanese)
- 1 cup freshly grated gruyere cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated low-moisture mozzarella (sometimes labeled as 'part skim')
- 16 oz frozen spinach, thawed (I use microwave), water pressed out (use a sieve), and chopped
- 14 oz (1 can) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- Freshly grated black pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Add the olive oil to an oven safe 1 quart pot or 8" skillet set over medium low heat. Add the thinly sliced onions and salt. Let caramelize 60-90 minutes, alternating between medium-low and low heat, and stirring occasionally. You can prepare the other ingredients and relax during this time. Add the garlic to the onions when they have about 10 minutes left.
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients, but make sure to save a handful of gruyere and a handful of the mozzarella to sprinkle on top of the dip.
- Add the caramelize onions and garlic to the mixture of everything else. Mix well, and taste for seasoning. Keep in mind that the chips you use might be salty, so you may not need to add that much more salt.
- Sprinkle on the reserved gruyere and mozzarella and bake 20-25 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown.
Jeremy is a student at Cornell University double majoring in Spanish and Italian with significant coursework in classes such as nutrition, food science and culinary science. He has years of experience as a home cook, working at a local bakery, and teaching cooking classes at Williams-Sonoma. After starting a TikTok account in March 2020 while quarantined in his childhood home, Jeremy’s presence grew to over 1.5 million followers in the first 6 months. During that time, he was featured in People Magazine, Fox News, BBC Radio, BuzzFeed, Tasty, Spoon University, and USA Today, among other media outlets.