- Thinly sliced red onions (from half a large onion or one small)
- Apple cider vinegar (enough to cover them)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- optional seasonings such as cumin seeds or red pepper flakes
- Get a clean jam jar. If you want to keep these a really long time, sterilize them. (This is how to do it easily at home)
- Add the cut up onions to the jar. Cover with vingegar and add the salt and sugar. You can also use half vinegar/half water. Shake and refrigerate.
- They'll start to be good after a day or so, and should last at least a couple weeks in the fridge, possibly even a couple months.
Jeremy is a student at Cornell University double majoring in Spanish and Italian with significant coursework in classes such as nutrition, food science and culinary science. He has years of experience as a home cook, working at a local bakery, and teaching cooking classes at Williams-Sonoma. After starting a TikTok account in March 2020 while quarantined in his childhood home, Jeremy’s presence grew to over 1.5 million followers in the first 6 months. During that time, he was featured in People Magazine, Fox News, BBC Radio, BuzzFeed, Tasty, Spoon University, and USA Today, among other media outlets.